Thursday, April 3, 2014

April Random Reads - Mystery Falls by Marilyn Phillips and Of Stardust by February Grace

It's time for my March Random Read (a fun meme hosted by I'm Loving Books). The idea is to pick one random book from your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month.  

As I mention every month, I am in love with this meme!  This is such a great way to make sure that I actually read some of those books that have been in my TBR list for eons.

This month I decided to once again choose two Random Reads.  For the first, I limited my Random Read choices to books that I actually own since I have so many of them that I've been wanting to read.  (I did this by just creating a Random Reads shelf on Goodreads).  For the second choice, I just used my To-Read list.


My March Random Reads picks were both great reads. The first was Severed Colours by Dawna Raver.  You can check out my review here.  The second selection was Angelfall by Susan Ee.  Loved this one!  Read my review here.


Random Reads Meme – Hosted by ImLovingBooks.com

So, here was my first choice:



#29 - Mystery Falls by Marilyn Phillips  

Synopsis:

Secrets. Lies. Deception. For the past six years, Samantha Hunt has lived with the belief that the untimely death of her parents was the result of an unfortunate accident—that by the cruel hand of fate, she had been left an orphan. But it was a lie, a terrible lie told to her by those who wanted to keep her in the dark. And the truth... when revealed, will change her life and haunt her forever.

Suddenly plagued by a series of events which find her in danger and in need of a savior, Samantha is repeatedly rescued by the mysterious and elusive Shadow—a stranger who seems to know more about her past and the tragedy which befell her family, than she does. Drawn to him despite the antagonism she feels whenever in his presence, Samantha soon discovers that Shadow is not what he appears to be. Determined to learn his true identity and why he has come to Mystery Falls, the small town in which she has spent all of her seventeen years, Samantha not only uncovers the secrets he refuses to share, but also the truth about her own past. A truth which forces her to acknowledge that things are not always as they seem, and sometimes, not even those close to you can be trusted. 

Resolved to seeking justice for the unwarranted death of her parents, Samantha embarks on a journey which brings her perilously close to her own demise. Can Shadow use his angel powers to save her yet again, or this time, will he be too late.


I won this book over at Nomi's Paranormal Palace and Naomi said it's great, so I can't wait to read it!! Definitely sounds like an interesting paranormal read!


Random Reads, Selection 2

Here's my next selection:



I know it looks like I chose #104, but that's just because Goodreads' numbering only has enough space for three digits. I obviously have an overly long TBR list!! I promise that this one is actually 1044 (I had to count to the fourth 104 :-)

#1044 - Of Stardust by February Grace 

Synopsis:

“Dreams are sacred…”

At the age of twenty-six single, geeky bookseller Till Nesbitt inherits the shock of a lifetime: a huge Victorian farmhouse filled with unique tenants, and the knowledge that there is a reason she’s always been different. She’s destined to become a Fairy Godmother, because the skills are written into her DNA.

Till embarks on her fairy education at Dreams Come True University with much trepidation, guided on her journey by a unique mentor: a Celtic hybrid with a secret by the name of Gus.

When Till falls head over heels for Gus, will she break the most serious law in the Fairy Code, or will the truth of what really happened to Gus’s parents keep them from repeating history?


I just added this book to my TBR on March 3rd. I saw this book on a tour and thought that it sounded so fun! It's gotten good reviews, so I'm looking forward to reading this one too!